Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
- BPI, established in 1851, is the pioneering bank of the Philippines and Southeast Asia.
- With 1,173 branches and over 2,700 ATMs and CAMs, BPI’s reach is unparalleled.
- The bank boasts international banking subsidiaries in Hong Kong and London, and strong partnerships spanning Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Dubai.
- Their core values emphasize nurturing, integrity, customer-centricity, and excellence.
- BPI is driven by a vision of building a better Philippines and stands as a beacon of financial trustworthiness in the country.
In the heart of the Philippines’ financial sector stands the Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI). A name synonymous with trust, innovation, and unparalleled service, BPI has carved its niche as the leading provider of financial services in the country.
A Legacy Spanning Centuries
BPI’s journey commenced in 1851 as the “El Banco Español Filipino de Isabel II”. It wasn’t just the first bank in the Philippines, but also a frontrunner in Southeast Asia. From its inception, the bank was instrumental in shaping the Philippine banking and finance sector. Not only did it offer credit to the National Treasury, but it was also responsible for printing and issuing the country’s very first currency.
As the years progressed, BPI continued its legacy of innovation and nation-building, always striving for excellence and setting benchmarks for others to follow.
BPI’s Extensive Network
A testament to BPI’s commitment to serving Filipinos is evident in its expansive network. With 1,173 branches nationwide, and a robust fleet of over 2,700 Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) and Cash Accept Machines (CAMs), BPI ensures accessibility and convenience to its customers.
Furthermore, BPI’s global footprint is impressive. It boasts banking subsidiaries in Hong Kong and London, and an expansive partnership network in Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Dubai. These international endeavors are dedicated to serving the needs of overseas Filipinos, bridging gaps, and bringing world-class banking services closer to them.
Values that Drive BPI
BPI isn’t just about numbers or financial transactions. It’s about values, relationships, and trust. Their core values resonate with their commitment:
- Nurturing: BPI believes in showing concern, helping customers achieve better lives, and serving with unmatched passion.
- Integrity: Honesty, fairness, and respect form the cornerstone of all their actions.
- Customer Obsession: Anticipating needs, innovating solutions, and serving with a heart sets BPI apart.
- Excellence: They believe in unity, doing things right the first time, and giving their best in every endeavor.
The BPI Vision and Mission
BPI envisions building a better Philippines, one family, one community at a time. As a trusted financial partner, BPI’s mission is to nurture futures and simplify life for its clients.
1. When was BPI founded?
Established in 1851, BPI is the first bank in the Philippines and Southeast Asia.
2. How extensive is BPI’s network?
BPI boasts 1,173 branches and over 2,700 ATMs and CAMs nationwide.
3. What are BPI’s core values?
BPI is driven by nurturing, integrity, customer obsession, and excellence.
4. Does BPI have an international presence?
Yes, BPI has banking subsidiaries in Hong Kong and London, and partnerships across Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Dubai.
5. What sets BPI apart from other banks?
With its rich legacy, customer-centric approach, commitment to excellence, and strong values, BPI stands as a beacon of trust and innovation in Philippine banking.
To conclude, BPI continues to lead the way, shaping the future of Philippine banking, staying true to its commitment to its clients, people, shareholders, and the country. It is more than just a bank; it’s a trusted partner in nation-building.