Looking to get a Unionbank of the Philippines merchant terminal? Well, you're in luck! This article will guide you through the process in a concise and technical manner, ensuring you have all the necessary information to master the task at hand.
Get ready to embark on a journey of eligibility determination, document gathering, branch visits, application submission, training completion, and ultimately, accepting card payments.
Let's dive in and unlock the world of merchant terminals!
- Eligibility and requirements for getting a Unionbank Merchant Terminal include Filipino citizenship or registered business in the Philippines, valid Tax Identification Number (TIN), good credit standing, business permits, proof of address and financial statements, and business registration documents.
- Visiting a Unionbank branch provides assistance and guidance through the application process, explanation of merchant terminal features, support, and troubleshooting assistance from friendly staff.
- The application process involves gathering necessary documents, visiting a Unionbank branch, filling out an application form, submitting required documents and completed application form, and paying merchant terminal fees.
- The Unionbank Merchant Terminal offers competitive pricing options, secure payment processing, real-time transaction monitoring, customizable receipts, and advanced technology for fast and reliable transactions.
Determine Eligibility and Requirements
To determine eligibility and requirements for obtaining a Unionbank of the Philippines merchant terminal, individuals or businesses must meet certain criteria and submit necessary documents.
The eligibility criteria include being a Filipino citizen or a registered business in the Philippines, having a valid Tax Identification Number (TIN), and maintaining a good credit standing. Additionally, applicants must provide relevant business documents such as business permits, proof of address, and financial statements.
Once the eligibility criteria are met, applicants must also consider the merchant terminal fees. These fees typically cover the cost of the terminal device, installation, and maintenance. It's important for individuals or businesses to fully understand the fees associated with the merchant terminal before proceeding with the application process.
Gather Necessary Documents and Information
Applicants must gather the necessary documents and information to proceed with their application for a Unionbank of the Philippines merchant terminal. To ensure a smooth application procedure, it's important to complete the preparation steps and have all the required documents ready. Here are the necessary documents and information applicants need to gather:
- Business Documents:
- Business registration documents
- Mayor's permit or business permit
- SEC registration (for corporations)
- DTI registration (for sole proprietors)
- Financial Information:
- Bank statements for the past six months
- Audited financial statements (for corporations)
- Income tax returns for the past three years
Visit a Unionbank Branch
To begin the process of getting a Unionbank of the Philippines merchant terminal, the first step is to visit a Unionbank branch.
At the branch, applicants will need to provide the necessary documents and information for the application.
The branch staff will guide applicants through the application process, explain the features of the merchant terminal, and offer support and troubleshooting assistance.
Application Requirements and Process
To apply for a Unionbank of the Philippines merchant terminal by visiting a Unionbank branch, individuals need to fulfill certain requirements and follow a specific process. Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Gather the necessary documents:
- Valid government-issued ID
- Proof of business registration (e.g., SEC/DTI registration)
- Latest audited financial statements
- Business permits and licenses
- Visit a Unionbank branch and approach a bank representative.
- Fill out the application form provided by the bank.
- Submit the required documents along with the completed application form.
- Pay the merchant terminal fees, which may vary depending on the type of terminal and business requirements.
- Attend any necessary training sessions conducted by the bank.
- Once the application is approved, the bank will install and activate the merchant terminal.
Merchant Terminal Features
After completing the application process at a Unionbank branch, individuals can benefit from a range of merchant terminal features. Unionbank offers competitive merchant terminal pricing options to suit different business needs. The pricing may vary depending on factors such as the type of terminal and the level of transaction volume.
Once the terminal is installed, merchants can enjoy various features such as secure payment processing, real-time transaction monitoring, and customizable receipts. The merchant terminals are equipped with advanced technology to ensure fast and reliable transactions.
Additionally, Unionbank provides support for terminal installation, ensuring a smooth setup process. In the next section, we'll discuss the support and troubleshooting services available to merchants using Unionbank merchant terminals.
Support and Troubleshooting
Merchants can receive support and troubleshooting for their Unionbank merchant terminals by visiting a Unionbank branch. The bank's knowledgeable staff is available to assist merchants in resolving any common issues they may encounter with their terminals.
Here is how to troubleshoot some of the most common problems:
- Terminal not turning on:
- Check if the terminal is properly plugged into a power source.
- Ensure that the power switch is in the 'ON' position.
- Connectivity issues:
- Verify that the terminal is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Restart the terminal and check if the issue persists.
Submit Application and Required Documents
To submit an application for a Unionbank of the Philippines merchant terminal, applicants must gather the necessary documents. These include a completed application form, valid government-issued IDs, business permits, and proof of billing.
Once all the required documents are prepared, applicants can submit their application either online or by visiting a Unionbank branch. The submission process involves completing the application form, attaching the required documents, and providing any additional information requested by the bank.
Required Application Documents
Applicants must gather and submit the required documents to complete the Unionbank of the Philippines merchant terminal application process. To ensure a smooth and efficient application process, it's important to have all the necessary documents ready.
Here are the required application documents:
- Business Documents:
- Business Registration Certificate: This document proves the legal existence of the business.
- Mayor's Permit: This permit shows that the business is compliant with local regulations.
- Financial Documents:
- Bank Statement: A recent bank statement is required to assess the financial health of the business.
- Income Tax Return: This document provides information on the business's income and tax payments.
Application Submission Process
After gathering and preparing the required application documents, applicants can now proceed with the submission process for their Unionbank of the Philippines merchant terminal application.
To submit the application, applicants should visit a Unionbank branch and approach the customer service counter. They'll be required to fill out an application form, providing accurate and complete information.
Along with the application form, applicants must submit the necessary documents, including proof of business registration, valid identification, and proof of address. It's important to ensure that all documents are organized and easily accessible to facilitate a smooth submission process.
Additionally, applicants should inquire about the merchant terminal pricing and any available promotions or discounts. Unionbank also offers alternative payment methods, so applicants may want to inquire about those options during the submission process.
Await Approval and Processing
Once the application has been submitted, merchants must wait for approval and processing to be completed by Unionbank of the Philippines. During this time, merchants should ensure that all required documents and information are accurate and up-to-date to avoid any delays in the approval process.
To effectively await approval and processing, merchants can follow these steps:
- Stay informed: Keep track of the application status by regularly checking the merchant portal or contacting Unionbank's customer service for updates.
- Prepare for integration: Familiarize yourself with Unionbank's integration requirements and ensure that your systems are ready to be integrated with the merchant terminal once approval is granted.
Complete Training and Setup
Merchants who've successfully completed the approval and processing phase can now proceed to complete training and setup for their Unionbank of the Philippines merchant terminal.
This training is essential to ensure that merchants are equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively use the terminal and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
Unionbank provides comprehensive training sessions that cover all aspects of using the merchant terminal, including how to process payments, generate reports, and handle refunds or chargebacks. Merchants will also learn about security measures and best practices to protect their customers' payment information.
Additionally, Unionbank offers troubleshooting tips to address common issues that may occur during terminal usage.
Once merchants have completed the training and setup process, they'll be ready to start accepting card payments seamlessly.
Start Accepting Card Payments
To begin accepting card payments with a Unionbank of the Philippines merchant terminal, merchants can activate the payment processing feature. Once activated, they can start accepting various payment methods from customers.
Here are two alternative payment methods that can be used:
- Contactless Payments: Merchants can accept payments from customers using contactless payment methods such as tap-to-pay cards or mobile wallets like Apple Pay or Google Pay. This provides a convenient and fast way for customers to make payments without the need for physical contact.
- Online Payments: With the Unionbank merchant terminal, merchants can also accept online payments. By integrating their website or online store with the terminal, customers can make purchases and pay securely using their credit or debit cards.
It's important for merchants to be aware of card processing fees associated with accepting card payments. These fees are typically charged as a percentage of the transaction amount and can vary depending on the type of card used. It's recommended that merchants research and compare different card processing fees to find the most cost-effective solution for their business.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does It Typically Take to Get Approval for a Unionbank of the Philippines Merchant Terminal?
Approval for a Unionbank of the Philippines merchant terminal typically takes around 5 to 7 business days.
The process begins by submitting the required documents, which may include proof of business registration, valid identification, and financial statements.
After the documents are submitted, the bank will review the application and conduct a background check.
Once approved, the merchant terminal will be provided, allowing businesses to accept card payments and expand their customer base.
Are There Any Fees Associated With Obtaining a Unionbank Merchant Terminal?
Obtaining a Unionbank of the Philippines merchant terminal does come with certain fees. These fees are associated with the application process and the maintenance of the terminal.
It's important for businesses to be aware of these fees before proceeding with the application. Unionbank provides detailed information about the fees on their website, ensuring transparency and allowing businesses to make an informed decision.
Can I Apply for a Unionbank Merchant Terminal if My Business Is Not Located in the Philippines?
To apply for a Unionbank merchant terminal, it's important to note that the business must be located in the Philippines.
The application process for a Unionbank merchant terminal involves submitting certain requirements, such as valid business registration documents, identification cards, and proof of address.
These requirements ensure that the business is legitimate and eligible for the merchant terminal.
Once the application is approved, the business can start accepting card payments and enjoy the benefits of a Unionbank merchant terminal.
Is It Possible to Get a Unionbank Merchant Terminal if My Business Is a Sole Proprietorship?
Is it possible for a sole proprietorship to obtain a Unionbank merchant terminal?
The Unionbank merchant terminal application process accepts businesses of different types, including sole proprietorships.
To apply, the business owner must meet certain requirements, such as providing valid identification, business permits, and proof of address.
Once the necessary documents are submitted, Unionbank will review the application and determine if the business is eligible for a merchant terminal.
What Kind of Training Is Provided by Unionbank to Merchants Who Are Setting up Their Terminals?
Unionbank of the Philippines provides comprehensive training to merchants who are setting up their terminals. The training content covers all aspects of the merchant terminal setup process, ensuring that merchants understand the necessary steps and requirements.
This includes training on how to properly install and configure the terminal, as well as how to use its features and functions effectively. The training aims to equip merchants with the knowledge and skills needed to maximize the benefits of their Unionbank merchant terminal.